Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Starbucks Tuesday

If you are wondering at the title - I make a bargain with myself - the first workday of the week, I get to go through the drivethrough to encourage myself to get out of the door on time. On the first morning, I am so reluctant to let go of the weekend that I feel as if my feet are glued to my kitchen floor. I have to decide on what to wear the night before, because I would never be able to reach a decision if I left it to myself on a typical Monday morning.

On the last workday of the week, I allow myself a latte because I have made it through another week without disaster. (Usually) I live for weekends. Weekends used to mean soccer games, baseball cookouts, sleepovers for five 11 year old boys. But now weekends are all for me. DSJ is over, we sleep in a bit, we drink a few glasses of wine, cook together and listen to music. I try to get some of the chores done on weeknights, so that I can relish all of my Friday evening to Sunday afternoon bliss. After dinner Sunday - reality kicks in. Time to pick out another work outfit for another reluctant Monday. Five more wakeups - and it will be time to celebrate another week over. ANd BTW - I do like my job. A lot. I just like my time more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn! I love your "Monday morning Starbucks" routine! I myself am not the best at getting out of the house in the most timely manner...I may have to give it a try. :)Katie