Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Work (sort of)

Today made my two weeks surgeversary. I am feeling better every day. This week I got to add several new and exciting foods to my diet. Ground meat or turkey, some vegetables, peaches or pears, cheese. My very first meal on this new phase is a dish I've been making for over 20 years. I found it in a newspaper, but lightened it up.

Spinach Casserole
by Marilyn (My all-time favorite lunch for taking to work!)

1/2 c egg substitute
4 T flour
10 oz chopped spinach, frozen, thawed
1 1/2 c. (12 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
1 1/2 c reduced fat cheddar cheese. shredded


Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients well. Pour into 8 in square pan sprayed w/ Pam. Bake one hour. Makes 4 servings (or 12 if you just had WLS) LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comfort food. I went to a training for school today. Hence the title. Back for real next week. My principal remarked how good my face looked. I thought it was looking much thinner myself! Very astute lady!

No comments: