Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sleepless in Fresno

Tom Hanks would identify with me. I'm not so much nervous as feeling wired. It's as if the first day of school was looming (although that will be here soon too) Less than a week to all liquids - all the time. I start that a day before surgery to prep. Less than a week to eat what I want, when I want it. Interestingly, I have had few cravings, no urges to carb load. I told Jim I'd like to go out for breakfast - my favorite meal to eat out. Last week, I went to a support group run by my surgeon's office. They showed a video of an actual bypass surgery. I was actually really fascinated by seeing what will be happening to me. It made it a lot more understandable than reading about it (even Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies) All that's left is to go to some pre-ops and stock up on broth and Crystal Light. Five days and counting.

No comments: