Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Last Supper

OK, don't get all over me for being sacriligeous. Tomorrow (The Day Before Surgery) is all about liquids. I bought my broth, Crystal Light, SF Jello to prepare for The First Week. Not really sure how long it will be until Real Food is in my grocery cart again (in teeny tiny quantities) My surgeon tells you as much as you need to know at the time (it IS a little information overload at times) But this week and especially today is about eating food that I will miss until we meet again. Actually, I found that it is pretty healthy stuff. This morning I had my ceremonial Last Starbuck's Run. (Had a grande iced skinny vanilla latte and a LF apple bran muffin. Fresh peach and some grapes for lunch. Dinner tonight is grilled flank steak, fresh green beans (I've been craving fresh fruit and fresh veggies all week) and roasted new potatoes drizzled w olive oil and herbs. Maybe a ceremonial Last Glass of Red Wine. I was doing really good till I got to that - but it's heart healthy, right? We've had a good run, but I am so looking forward to this next part of my life.

No comments: