Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eating Out

Well, I survived a weekend away. I went to Los Angeles for the weekend to see my son and daughter-in-law and see USC get bushwacked by Stanford. It meant eating in restaurants all weekend. Actually it went well. I ordered some soup and a side of spinach the first night, and shared a few bites of Jim's steak. Breakfast was cottage cheese and chicken sausage one morning and a scrambled egg and bacon and fruit the other. Lunch on game day was the trickiest - but I prepared by bringing a string cheese and a protein bar with me. Saturday's dinner was two appetizers - 3 meatballs and a small salad (perfect for a tiny tummy!) I was pleased at my choices. I was even more pleased at how well I coped with all the walking and the steep climb into the coliseum - that alone would have killed me pre-surgery. 73 pounds = big difference!

2 comments:

Grammy's Blog said...

Hey, Girl!
I just got caught up on YOU!! The tremendously shrinking woman! :) I a so proud of you! I am glad your journey is still going so well for you! Also glad you checked in on dotti's today!
Enjoy your week off!
HUGS!
Bonnie

Kathy said...

Keep those pictures coming, you're looking marvelous!